Sunday, March 16, 2008

Progress! But No Baby Yet

It's been 18 hours since we were checked in to the hospital. After a sleepless night of contractions that went nowhere, they put me on Pitocin at 7am. I experienced Pitocin contractions for 5 hours and decided I had had enough and asked for the epidural. At that point I was still only 1cm dilated but 100% effaced! The doctor was happy with this progress and said I would have this baby in 4 to 8 hours. That was at noon. I was checked just a half hour ago and was at 4 cm. The contractions are steady and the baby's hearbeat is very good. He/she is tolerating the contractions well. Here is a picture:

What is with that "orb" hovering above the baby? Ok, I know it's probably just dust, but we've seen a lot of these bright white perfectly round orbs in the pictures we've taken associated with the baby. Right now I'm just going to believe it's a guardian angel looking out for a successful, healthy delivery. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt & Daniela,

We have been checking up on your progress with great anticipation all day! Daniela...Grace did not want to come out of the oven either! She finally arrived after 26 hours wide eyed and bushy tailed! We are sooo excited for you both...you can't imagine how wonderful it is to hold your sweet baby for the first time! It won't be long now....

Love, Sheila