Here is Luke and Daddy just a little while ago at Luke's 6am feeding.
We've been breastfeeding and supplementing with formula for now since big boys have big needs. All of you women who successfully breastfeed, I salute you! Ugh, it's so hard. Especially with a hard chomper like Luke. He will basically chomp down and start sucking on anything put in his mouth, so there doesn't seem to be any problem with nipple confusion.
Here are some pictures from his Day Two photoshoot yesterday. I present, the many faces of Luke Siorek:

The nurses say that Luke is the biggest newborn they've seen in the maternity ward in a long time. And this is a hospital that sees 6,000 births a year! We honestly are just as perplexed as the doctors about why Luke is so big. I certainly didn't do anything special and had no idea I had such a big baby inside me. Every doctor who examined me and my belly during the pregnancy said to expect a 7-8 lb baby, and his 20wk ultrasound measurments were normal.
He is incredibly healthy. His bilirubin count was only 2 and his blood sugar was great. He has only dropped to 10lbs 1oz, so less than the10% of weight loss that they usually expect. He is a wonderful, good-natured baby so far and we are lucky to have him!
4 comments:
He's so beautiful! And I still can't believe you had such a big baby! From the pictures that I saw of you in your last few weeks, it's hard to believe you had such a big baby growing inside of you! But a big healthy baby is the best thing one can hope for - I'm so happy for you! Daniela, I think Luke may have your eyes! Let's catch up once things settle a little bit for you. Call me with/about anything, OK? Congrats to all of you again! Love you, Injung
OH, and one last comment: Luke totally suits him as a name...you look at him and the big strapping boy that he is and his name is just perfect for him!
Congratulations Matt & Daniela & Welcome to the family Luke!!!! He is beautiful. I can't wait to meet him in person! Good thing he got the track suit... he'll be the star of the basketball team for sure if he keeps growing at this rate. Watch out Michael Jordan!!!! All the best!
Love,
Cousin Colleen
Dear Matt and Daniela,
Congratulations on baby Luke!
We're so happy all is well...I think he looks like Matt. Daniela, you must be a superwoman to post on your blog during labor and delivery! Not to mention, an 11lb baby! We can't wait to meet the newest member of our family.
All our love and warm wishes,
Scott and Sara Vogt
Post a Comment