Sunday, January 13, 2008

Countdown: 9 weeks

What do you do when you're 31 weeks pregnant and you wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn, sore hips and a restless brain and you can't fall back asleep. You create a blog! So . . . .

Welcome to the Matt and Daniela Siorek blog! Since Baby Siorek is coming soon and we live half a country away from family, I (Daniela) decided to start this blog to post pictures and updates about the baby.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

waking up and being uncomfortable stinks...i tended to do laundry and watch family ties. room looks great, can't wait to see with the furniture.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
That was fast, I can't believe you are almost due!
The room looks nice, and it's good that you are keeping the Mr. busy.

Anonymous said...

You know how they say,(I know Matt is already saying, "Who are they?")pregnant women have a wonderful glow about them? It is certainly witnessed in the slideshow. You look beautiful. We can't wait to see little baby Siorek.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniela! I'm so excited for you! The room looks beautiful, and it's wonderful you're getting it done before the baby arrives. I can absolutely relate to the heartburn--I had to give up drinking anything but milk and water with Ryan, it got so bad. I slept on one of those horrible pillows where you're halfway upright. But it is all worth it in the end! I shared your good news with Vicki Yeomanson when I talked to her over the holidays, so she will probably pay a visit here, too! What a great idea. Hope you get some sleep, and happy new year! Love, Regina Roybal

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!
Thanks for leaving comments on the blog and for your encouragement and kind words. I'm glad people are actually reading this stuff. ;) D

Anonymous said...

An old Polish remedy for heartburn: drink warm milk or hot tea (decaf) with honey, or Peppermint Schnapps (when you're NOT pregnant). That's what "they" say.
You both look great & the baby room will be adorable.
Looking forward to seeing you both & little baby Siorek.

Much Love,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Baby Siorek will be here in 7 weeks! I'm sure Baby will love sleeping in the new crib & bedding.
Looking forward to seeing Matt on Saturday.

Much love,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniela & Matt!

We are all so excited for you here in St. Louis! You will be great parents and we can't wait to meet your sweet baby! Looks like the nest is ready and you have so much to look forward to. The first two weeks may take adjustments, but the first 12 months go by way too fast! Thank you for setting up this site and please keep us updated with your words & photos. I think it's about time for a 'Little Cousin' get together. Matt, it was great seeing you at the shower...You both have that special glow! Love, Sheila

Anonymous said...

HI Matt and Daniela,

i had fun at your baby shower and i cant wait to meet my new baby cousin. Guess what? today is my birthday and i am 11 now. I think you will have a baby boy. What do you think? Send us some pictures of your baby. we cant wait!

love,Amelia

Anonymous said...

Guten tag Matt and Daniela,


I miss you guys SO much!I can't wait to see my new baby cousin.I think the baby will probably be a baby boy because it runs in the family. But either way you will have a cute baby!Daniela I thought you would like to know that I took German in sixth grade this year.We can speak some German together when you and Matt come to visit with my new little cousin.

Love, Grace