Sunday, January 27, 2008

33-Week Photo

Here is my 33-week belly from Saturday. My skin is getting tight and I bet stretch marks are not too far away.

It's hard to believe that as uncomfortable as I am with the breathlessness, heartburn, sleeplessness and aches that I still have 7 more weeks to go. But that's fine with me. It's a special time, one that might not come again, and I don't want it to be over too soon.

The baby is moving a lot, especially in the evenings between 7 and 9. Matt and I sit on the couch and marvel, as first-time parents do, at the way my belly bulges, vibrates and squirms.

I completed my leave forms for work this week. Under the Family Medical Leave Act I get the standard 12 weeks off. I plan to take from March 14 to June 11. I really want to work up until the very last day. No sitting around the house for me! I'd just be bored and obsess about whether I was going into labor. Besides, I really want to maximize my time off for after the baby is born.

No comments: