Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Sweet Moments of Parenthood

Luke woke up at 5a.m. and after feeding himself a bottle on the couch he fell asleep again, nestled into his Boppy pillow. I left him there on the couch and he slept until almost 7:30a.m.

I was sitting at the dining room table working on the computer when he woke up. The couch is just a few feet away. I saw him stir and open his eyes and look in my direction. I smiled. After a second of recognition, a sweet smile lit up his little face in return.

I will almost forget the way he howled like a maniac at 5a.m. until we figured out the exact combination of things he wanted (bottle, couch). That sweet smile of recognition will melt my heart forever.

1 comment:

Patrick, Alysha, Silas & Pearl said...

So sweet! I love those moments too...nicely written.